|Indigo Bay is an exquisite island resort which offers visitors the quintessential Indian Ocean island holiday, as well as a gateway to the unspoilt beauty of the Bazaruto Archipelago|
Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort & Spa Location
Bazaruto Island is one of five principal islands in the Bazaruto Archipelago, which lies just 30km off the coast of Vilanculos in Inhambane Province. It is the largest of all the islands, approximately 37km long and up to 7km wide.
Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort & Spa Activities
Beach Walking Fishing Diving Conference Facility Photography Birding Water Sport Sport Facility Swimming Pool Horse Riding Price Range - Southern Africa: $600 - $800 Child Friendly
Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort & Spa Attractions
The Bazaruto Archipelago''''s islands were formed when sand was deposited here hundreds of thousands of years ago by the waters of the Limpopo River. The river estuary has now been shifted through various tectonic forces several hundred kilometres to the south. During low tide many white sandy islands pop up, covered in shells. Only six hours later they will be ten metres underwater again. Legend has it that the Portuguese disposed of prisoners this way, by dropping them off on a beautiful deserted island
Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort & Spa Facilities
All chalets and main living areas at Indigo Bay Island Resort Hotel are constructed of natural materials like reed, thatch and wood to blend harmoniously with the perfect surroundings.
The luxury is understated, yet elegant and the emphasis is on making the most of the superb location on the golden shores of Bazaruto Island.
All rooms are air conditioned, fully mosquito screened, with en suite shower and or baths, mini-bar, 24 hour power, satellite TV and telephone access.
Indigo Bay specializes in seafood barbeques, themed dinners and local Mozambican Portuguese cuisine, which is served in the restaurant with its breathtaking views of this Indian Ocean island resort.
Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort & Spa Additional Information
• A patio bar, swimming pool and wet pool bar
• Conference facilities to accommodate up to 50 delegates
• Dive centre, "scuba training pool" and games room
• Airvan to operate island transfers (7 people)
• Sunset Cruise craft, specialist deep sea fishing and scuba diving boats
• Motorised water sport and ski boats
• PADI / NAUI Dive Instructors
• Land Rovers for scenic island drives
• Binoculars, underwater videos and digital cameras
• All necessities for beach games like touch rugby, football, volleyball, Frisbees, mini-cricket, swing ball etc.
• Children''''s "Indi" Club - supervised games, play station and jungle gym.
Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort & Spa Children Policy
Children under 3 years (sharing) = stay free.
Children 4-12 years (sharing) = 50% of adult rate.
Children 4-18 years in own room = 75% p.p. rate.
Single children in own room = 75% of single rate.
Check In Time: 02:00:00 PM
Check Out Time: 11:00:00 AM